Friday, June 8, 2012

Chatting with Ajit about SB's educational mission

SB was lucky enough to be the beneficiary of She's the First's most recent Girls Who Rock benefit concert (on May 18, 2012 in NYC).  The goal was to raise upwards of $50,000 to go directly to fund SB kiddos and their education.  (I don't know yet what the final count was.)  WomenCentric was one of the sponsors and they just posted a short video interview between their founder Pattie Simone and Ajit George (who interviewed and accepted me to work at SB and with whom I worked on-site for the first few weeks I was there). 

Check out the video and hear Ajit talk a little bit about the work of SB and the importance of fundraising endeavors like this.


If you're interested in contributing, you can still contribute to Girls Who Rock's fundraising goal -- AND an anonymous donor is currently matching all contributions.  Go here to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment